Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Prime Time!

7My gorgeous sisters-in-law were over today and were saying they wanted primer. I freaked out I was so excited to talk about it! You all know I'm obsessed with makeup and love talking about it any chance I get. So today's news is PRIMER!!! My favorite primer is Smashbox photo finish. The first time I tried this was with my sister and sister-in-law when I lived in San Francisco. They were visiting me alone with no parents! They were only 12 years old and so super cute! I love them! We went to Sephora and they had these little plastic containers sitting out, so we grabbed one and filled it with this magic potion and took it home as a lovely sample. Who knew then it would be my best friend.



I have tried several different brands of primer and this is my top pick! They have several to choose from. This and the Light are my favorites. The Light is better if you have oily skin. They also have one with SPF 15 that dries clear. They also have one that is a bronzer (haven't tried it, but how cool is that!) However, If you are acne prone I also like Cover FX Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-acne treatment. It's very light weight and goes on nicely.

Why should you prime? Because it fills in all your pores and fine lines and makes your skin look better. It also helps mattify your skin so it's not so shiny oily looking. And . . . it helps your foundation stay put better. Shush . . . Don't tell my husband I wrote this, but he even put it on before family pictures. It's great to wear alone if you don't wear foundation and it's full of vitamins so it's good for your skin. Sephora says

"The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smoothes and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish." 

Count me in! 

For all you cheapies, you can use Monistat Anti Chafing Gel on your face and it does the same thing (without all the vitamins of course) Sounds strange, but it really works. Also I have used L'oreal Studio Secrets Professional Secret No.1 Magic Perfecting Base and it is really good too.


Next time I will talk about Eye primer! My sisters-in-law like that the best! They put their eye shadow on this morning and it was almost non-existent. I did likewise and had to scrub it off tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment