What is happening to me? I turn 30 and I suddenly am old! I don't think so! I refuse to accept it! I have been on a quest to banish puffy eyes once and for all! Since I can't rid my life of allergies, crying and salty foods, I must find other remedies.
1.For starters, get enough sleep. Oh wait, my baby wouldn't fall asleep last night and my 3 year old kept waking up with scary dreams. So that won't work.
2. Sleep on your back with an extra pillow to prevent fluid from settling under your eyes. Shoot, that doesn't work for me either. I'm too finicky when it comes to my sleep, I'm a side sleeper with my favorite $50 pillow. It's not too full, not to flat. No way will I try an extra pillow.
3. Grab a cold cucumber from the fridge and place slices of it over your eyes. The coolness constricts blood vessels. Ya, I could do that, maybe sometimes.
4. Use an eye cream with caffine or vitamin k. Why? Because it strengthens blood vessels. Dr Brandt brand flaws no more r3p eye triple peptide cream is a great caffeinated one, however it's pricey.
5. You can also use a serum that comes in a roller-ball tube. They are cooling and soothing and the massage motion helps reduce puffiness. Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller. For $25, I prefer Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage.
6. Do Jumping jacks for about 5 mins followed by deep breaths. It helps vamp up your circulation and keeps liquids from pooling under the eyes. Plus a little exercise never hurts anyone, well maybe your calves will hurt or my case my feet (stupid plantar fasciitis).
7. Curl your upper lashes and apply mascara, that helps disguise the puffiness. Also you could line your lower lash line with a little tawny colored eye shadow.